- Eco Hub car park use by parents of Gamlingay Village Primary The management of Gamlingay Village Primary school have requested use of the Eco Hub car park for child drop off / collection.
The Trustees of the Community Centre have debated this request at length and have decided that they are not prepared to allow the centre car park to be used for child drop off / ... Read more
- Collection for the Homeless Thank you for all who donated items to be distributed to the homeless over Christmas by the local group “Community Spirit – it’s Good to Be Mad”. Last year they gave out over 100 care packages, and may do even better this year.
- Macmillan Coffee Morning
Thank you to all who came to our Macmillan Coffee Morning. We raised £262.85 for Macmillan Cancer Research.
- Easter Egg Hunt Thank you so much to everyone who came along to our Easter Egg hunt . We hope you enjoyed yourselves. Special thanks to Ann Kirby and Bronwen the Bunny who worked so hard as volunteers for the day.
- Gamlingay Brownies Cake Sale Congratulations to the Brownies who raised a total of £185.61 at their cake sale in aid of Wintercomfort for the Homeless.
- Anglia News visits Gamlingay Anglia News recently visited Gamlingay, and the Eco Hub to look at aspects of Community at Christmas.
They were at the Eco Hub talking to experts about the work that has been done in the village to address rural isolation and loneliness.
We are delighted to have all the hard work done by Forward Gamlingay, Gamlingay ... Read more
- Fifth anniversary party Thanks to all that attended our fifth anniversary party. We had great fun, and hope you did too.
- Eco Hub Charity of the Year
The Eco Hub have adopted Alzheimer’s Society as our ‘official’ charity this year and will be taking steps to becoming a dementia friendly centre. We will also be organising fundraising events for this worthy charity throughout the year.
For more information about the Alzheimer’s Society, visit their website.
- Lisa’s Zumba Gold class is in the news Lisa Hillier, who runs Zumba Gold classes here at the Eco Hub every Monday morning, is in the news. To read the article about her fitness classes in the Comet newspaper, visit their website.
- Eco Hub honoured by Architects The Gamlingay Eco Hub has been honoured as one of the Great British Buildings by top professionals from the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA). Architects from the Eastern division toured the building as part of their ‘talk and tour’ series of visits to see outstanding and award winning buildings.
In 2016 the Eco Hub was ... Read more