- Collection for the Homeless & the Elderly This year we are again acting as a collection point for items to be distributed to the homeless over Christmas by the local group “Community Spirit – it’s Good to Be Mad”. Last year they gave out over 100 care packages, and would like to do even better this year.
Items needed: Hats, Scarfs, Gloves, Thermals, ... Read more
- Macmillan Coffee Morning
Thank you to all who came to our Macmillan Coffee Morning. We raised £262.85 for Macmillan Cancer Research.
- Health Visitor Drop In Clinic Jo Shirreffs will be running a Health Visitor drop in clinic on the third Friday of each month, term time only. 10am – 11am.
- Easter Egg Hunt Thank you so much to everyone who came along to our Easter Egg hunt . We hope you enjoyed yourselves. Special thanks to Ann Kirby and Bronwen the Bunny who worked so hard as volunteers for the day.
- Gamlingay Brownies Cake Sale Congratulations to the Brownies who raised a total of £185.61 at their cake sale in aid of Wintercomfort for the Homeless.
- Anglia News visits Gamlingay Anglia News recently visited Gamlingay, and the Eco Hub to look at aspects of Community at Christmas.
They were at the Eco Hub talking to experts about the work that has been done in the village to address rural isolation and loneliness.
We are delighted to have all the hard work done by Forward Gamlingay, Gamlingay ... Read more
- Fifth anniversary party Thanks to all that attended our fifth anniversary party. We had great fun, and hope you did too.
- Eco Hub Charity of the Year
The Eco Hub have adopted Alzheimer’s Society as our ‘official’ charity this year and will be taking steps to becoming a dementia friendly centre. We will also be organising fundraising events for this worthy charity throughout the year.
For more information about the Alzheimer’s Society, visit their website.
- Lisa’s Zumba Gold class is in the news Lisa Hillier, who runs Zumba Gold classes here at the Eco Hub every Monday morning, is in the news. To read the article about her fitness classes in the Comet newspaper, visit their website.
- Eco Hub honoured by Architects The Gamlingay Eco Hub has been honoured as one of the Great British Buildings by top professionals from the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA). Architects from the Eastern division toured the building as part of their ‘talk and tour’ series of visits to see outstanding and award winning buildings.
In 2016 the Eco Hub was ... Read more