Gamlingay Library has now reopened, with limited services. Only one household group is allowed in at any one time, and you cannot browse the shelves. Instead you will have to ask the library volunteers to get any book you want off the shelf, or phone up and make your request in advance and have your books waiting for you. If you’re unsure what you want to read we’ll be happy to help you decide. It is currently free to order books from other libraries, either online or by asking at the library counter. Books are thoroughly quarantined on their return here, so you’ve no need to worry about contamination.
If you have library books at home, please note that all library charges have been suspended and the due dates of items extended until the end of August.
However, even though our services here are currently limited, online library services are always available. Cambridgeshire libraries offer a huge range of free online facilities, including ebooks, e-audiobooks, e-magazines, and even online comics and newspapers. To find out more visit the Cambridgeshire Libraries website.
Run by a part time Library Manager, financed by the Parish Council and helped by a team of volunteers, the library offers a wide range of facilities, including:
- A large selection of adult fiction and non-fiction, including large print
- Younger children’s and teenage fiction and non-fiction
- Local and national newspapers and local information
- Access to the full Cambridgeshire & Suffolk catalogue of books, audio books, eBooks, eMagazines, eNewspapers, CDs and DVDs
- Free access to Ancestry websites and Newspaper archives
- Printing and photocopying facilities
- Free internet access and wi-fi (please phone beforehand to book your computer)
- Monthly Reading Group- see the group’s Facebook page for more details.
Opening hours from July 6th:
To renew or reserve books online, or to access online library services, visit the Cambridgeshire Libraries website.
What’s On Today:
- Library Monday 14:00 - 16:00The library has now reopened, offering limited service only. See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Slimming World – temporarily cancelled Monday 18:30 – 20:15 from SeptemberSessions are temporarily cancelled. They will restart in September Friendly weight loss group. See the facebook page for more information or go to the Slimming World website. Read more
- Fit Steps Dance Workout – temporarily cancelled Monday 19:00 – 20:00 from SeptemberClasses are temporarily cancelled. They will restart in September. Term time only. FitSteps is a fitness class, delivered through dance. So, the emphasis is on helping people towards fitness; structuring the classes ... Read more
- Library- Reading group – meetings currently online First Monday of the month 19.30Our next meeting will be held online – see our Facebook page for more information. A small friendly reading group. All welcome. Read more
- Body Conditioning Workout Class – temporarily cancelled Monday 20:00 – 21:00 from SeptemberClasses are temporarily cancelled. They will restart in September Term time only. A great fun circuits class with timed stations using free weights, bodyweight and cardio exercises to strengthen and tone your ... Read more
- Women’s Institute – meetings temporarily cancelled Third Tuesday of the month 19.30 - 22.00 - meetings currently cancelledMeetings are temporarily cancelled. Some outdoor events are currently being held. Visitors are always welcome (cost for visitors £3.50, including tea & biscuits) Phone Jean on 650367 for more details. Read more
- WW (formerly Weight Watchers) Tuesdays 17.30See the Weight Watchers website for more information. Read more
- Parish Council – meetings currently being held online Second and fourth Tuesday of the month 19:30The Parish Council are currently holding online meetings only. The Zoom meeting log in details can be found at the bottom of each meeting’s agenda, or contact the Parish Clerks ... Read more
- Library Thursday 10:00 - 12:00The library has now reopened, offering limited service only. See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Alice Lucas School of Dance – temporarily cancelled Thursdays 18.30 - 20.15 from SeptemberClasses are temporarily cancelled. They will restart in September. Term time only. Fabulous Fun for Feet, Fingers and Faces. Classical ballet and fun jazz classes for children aged 3yrs+. Government recognised exams ... Read more
- Connect Cafe Friday 10.30 - 12.30Meet friends or make new ones! Come and join us for a cup of tea and cake at our Community cafe here at the Eco hub – everyone welcome, all ages. If ... Read more
- HIIT – temporarily cancelled Friday 18:00 - 19.00 from septemberClasses are temporarily cancelled. They will restart in September. Hi Intensity Interval Training with Joolz. A 4 week block of fun, sweat and tears! Low impact 6 – 6.30, high impact 6.30 ... Read more