Welcome to the Gamlingay Eco Hub
Our award winning Eco Hub is a successful community and business centre serving the village of Gamlingay and the surrounding areas.
We love to host people and events and have a variety of spaces to hire suitable for everything from parties, weddings, fitness classes, local community groups and local business, including an outstanding self-contained corporate suite perfect for business meetings, conferences and training days.
Performance facilities and state of the art changing rooms also mean that the Hub is a great venue for concerts, theatricals and sporting activities, and we are fully accessible to wheelchairs and mobility vehicles.
Gamlingay Parish Council is based at the Eco Hub and offers support to local residents during office hours. Also located within the building is the Gamlingay Community Library and CGTherapys Sports Injury Clinic.
We are surrounded by green fields, but also well placed between Bedford and Cambridge and handy for the A1 and trains from London. We are also the most energy efficient community building in the country and run on ‘green technology’
There is always a warm welcome here for our guests and the local residents who drop in to use the free access community spaces to meet friends for a coffee and chat, enjoy our weekly Connect Café, or use the internet suite and free Wi-Fi. We are happy to welcome dogs and have a lovely playground next door for children. Look right to see What’s On today, and the rest of the week and please feel free to drop in and see the venue for yourself.
- Eco Hub car park use by parents of Gamlingay Village Primary The management of Gamlingay Village Primary school have requested use of the Eco Hub car park for child drop off / collection. The Trustees of the Community Centre have debated this request at length and have decided that they are not prepared to allow the centre car park to be used for child drop off / ... Read more
Latest Facebook Posts
Last week our first music and movement session was a huge success. Don’t forget to bring your under 5s along to our next one tomorrow at 10am!
We are really looking forward to welcoming the first Forward Gamlingay Art group meeting here at 2pm today. They will be starting to create another..
What’s On Today:
- Library Monday 9.15 - 10.30 and 16.00 - 20.00See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Library – Toddlers’ story time and craft session Monday 09:15 – 10:00See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Zumba gold Monday 10:00 – 11:00Restarts on Monday 7th January. A specialised low intensity exercise programme, designed for older adults, beginners to fitness, and anyone wanting a slower paced exercise class. For more information please see Lisa’s ... Read more
- Kingfisher Day Centre Monday 10.00 - 15.00A social inclusion centre for people with disabilities. Kingfisher is a day centre for 21 – 75 year old physically disabled and/or cognitively impaired adults. For more information phone 07803 621564 or ... Read more
- Slimming World Monday 18:30 – 20:15Restarts on Monday 7th January. Friendly weight loss group. For more information go to the Slimming World website. Members can join our Facebook page (closed group) Read more
- Fit Steps Dance Workout Monday 19:00 – 20:00Term time only. FitSteps is a fitness class, delivered through dance. So, the emphasis is on helping people towards fitness; structuring the classes to deliver real, measurable, fitness results. The programme ... Read more
- Library- Reading group First Monday of the month 19.30A small friendly reading group. All welcome. Find out more on our Facebook page. Read more
- Gamlingay & District History Society Second Monday of the month 19.30See the History Society website for more information. All welcome. Read more
- Body Conditioning Workout Class Monday 20:00 – 21:00Term time only. A great fun circuits class with timed stations using free weights, bodyweight and cardio exercises to strengthen and tone your muscles and improve fitness levels. Suitable for all ... Read more
- Library Tuesday 9.15 - 12.15See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Library – Games morning Tuesday 10:00 – 12:00Scrabble, chess etc. All welcome. See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Police Surgery Tuesday 8th January 10.00 - 12.00Our local PCSO will be holding a drop-in Police Surgery on Tuesday 8th January 10.00 – 12.00 Read more
- Indoor carpet bowls Tuesday 13:15 – 15:15Restarts on Tuesday 8th January. A lovely friendly group run by volunteers and the Eco Hub for anyone who enjoys the skill of indoor Bowls. Come along and share hints and ... Read more
- WW (formerly Weight Watchers) Tuesdays 17.30See the Weight Watchers website for more information. Read more
- Hatha Yoga Tuesday 19:30 – 20.30Restarts on Tuesday 8th January. Caroline Oram has been practicing yoga for nearly 20 years and teaches Hatha yoga, pre and post natal, yin yoga, yoga flow, meditation, pranayama and pilates ... Read more
- Women’s Institute Third Tuesday of the month 19.30 - 22.00All the meetings start at 7:30pm. Visitors are always welcome (cost for visitors £3.50, including tea & biscuits) Phone Jean on 650367 for more details. Read more
- Parish Council Second and fourth Tuesday of the month 19:30Gamlingay Parish Council meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month. The public are welcome to attend and speak in the public forum at the start of meetings. The ... Read more
- Pilates Wednesday 08:15 – 09:15Re-balancing the body. Promotes suppleness, core muscle strength and prevents back pain. Contact Vicky Anderson on 07810 826465, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Read more
- Fitness for Golf Wednesday 9.30 - 10.30Improve your core fitness, mobility, flexibilty and swing. Contact Craig Gant for more information. Tel 07739 533479 Read more
- Art Class Wednesday 10.00 - 12.00Restarts Wednesday 16th January. Run by local artist Mark Boyd. Contact Mark for more information – email email@example.com or phone 01767 650904. Read more
- Kingfisher Day Centre Wednesday 10.00 - 15.00A social inclusion centre for people with disabilities. Kingfisher is a day centre for 21 – 75 year old physically disabled and/or cognitively impaired adults. For more information phone 07803 621564 or ... Read more
- Library Wednesday 12.30 - 15.15See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Library – Free computer help Wednesday 13:00 – 15:00An informal and friendly class for beginners who are just starting out with computers. One to one help and plenty of support from everyone in the group. Read more
- Rainbow Guides Wednesday 17.30 - 18.30Term time only. See the Rainbow’s website for more information. Read more
- Companion Dog Classes Wednesday 18.45 - 19.45Restarts Wednesday 9th January. Join the Right Hound Man for an eight week companion dog training course. To book your dog and yourself a place, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07826 520516 Read more
- Gamlingay & District Garden Club Wednesday 9th January 19.30 - 21.00January’s meeting will be held on the SECOND Wednesday of the month – January 9th. January’s speaker is Geoff Hodge, Author/Writer/Broadcaster and a really fun speaker Geoff loves gardening and people. He ... Read more
- Gamlingay Community Choir First Wednesday of the month 20.00 - 21.30There will be no meeting on Wednesday January 2nd – back as usual on Saturday 19th January. Gamlingay Community Choir meets in the Kingspan Hall on the first Wednesday in the month ... Read more
- SOSA Dance Fitness Wednesdays 20.15 - 21.15Restarts Wednesday 2nd January. SOSA Dance Fitness is high energy but has no high impact elements, ensuring no pressure on your joints. Dance around the globe and master a range of dance ... Read more
- Knit and natter Thursday 10:00 – 12:00Friendly craft group. Bring your own crafts and enjoy the company of other like minded people. Read more
- Home Ed Hub Club Thursday 10:30 – 12:30Term time only. Every other week on a Thursday (dates vary termly so please contact us for more info). £3.50 per child. Babies and toddlers free. A social, drop-in group for ... Read more
- Movie Memoirs Thursdays 16:00 - 17:00Term time only. Movie Memoirs Ltd are bringing an exciting movie making course to the Eco Hub for 4-12 year olds. They will learn how to use filming equipment, produce, ... Read more
- Library Thursday 16.00 - 19.00See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Youth café Thursday 17:30 – 19:00Term time only. Local children’s group School year4 and above. Contact Youth Worker Lucy Rands by emailing email@example.com for more information. Read more
- Alice Lucas School of Dance Thursdays 18.30 - 20.15Term time only. Fabulous Fun for Feet, Fingers and Faces. Classical ballet and fun jazz classes for children aged 3yrs+. Government recognised exams from the Royal Academy of Dance association exam ... Read more
- Pilates Friday 8.30 - 9.30Re-balancing the body. Promotes suppleness, core muscle strength and prevents back pain. Contact Vicky Anderson on 07810 826465, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Read more
- Legs Bums & Tums fitness class Fridays 9.30 - 10.15Get into shape with Steph. £5 Per class, Pay as you go. Refer a friend and you get a free class! Contact Steph to book; tel 07761 809 074, email email@example.com For more ... Read more
- Toddlers’ Movement & Music Fridays 10.00 - 11.00 from 11th January.Starts on Friday 11th January. Energetic, fun sessions suitable for under 5s, combining music, dance & storytelling to get little bodies moving! Just £2 per family, no need to book. Read more
- Library Friday 10.00 - 12.00See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Connect Cafe Friday 10.30 - 12.30Meet friends or make new ones! Come and join us for a cup of tea and cake at our Community cafe here at the Eco hub – everyone welcome, all ages. If ... Read more
- Kingfisher Day Centre Friday 10.30 - 15.00A social inclusion centre for people with disabilities. Kingfisher is a day centre for 21 – 75 year old physically disabled and/or cognitively impaired adults. For more information phone 07803 621564 or ... Read more
- Library Saturday 9.30 - 12.30See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Gamlingay Community Choir Third Saturday in the month 10.00 - 12 noonThere will be no meeting on Wednesday January 2nd – back as usual on Saturday 19th January. Gamlingay Community Choir meets in the Kingspan Hall on the first Wednesday in the month ... Read more
- Theatre of Widdershins presents Snow White Rose Red Bear Brown Saturday 5th January 14.30The Theatre of Widdershins will be performing here on Saturday 5th January. Tickets only available online from TicketSource. See the Theatre of Widdershins website for more information. Read more