Welcome to the Gamlingay Eco Hub
Our award winning Eco Hub is a successful community and business centre serving the village of Gamlingay and the surrounding areas.
We love to host people and events and have a variety of spaces to hire suitable for everything from parties, weddings, fitness classes, local community groups and local business, including an outstanding self-contained corporate suite perfect for business meetings, conferences and training days.
Performance facilities and state of the art changing rooms also mean that the Hub is a great venue for concerts, theatricals and sporting activities, and we are fully accessible to wheelchairs and mobility vehicles.
Gamlingay Parish Council is based at the Eco Hub and offers support to local residents during office hours. Also located within the building is the Gamlingay Community Library and CGTherapys Sports Injury Clinic.
We are surrounded by green fields, but also well placed between Bedford and Cambridge and handy for the A1 and trains from London. We are also the most energy efficient community building in the country and run on ‘green technology’
There is always a warm welcome here for our guests and the local residents who drop in to use the free access community spaces to meet friends for a coffee and chat, enjoy our weekly Connect Café, or use the internet suite and free Wi-Fi. We are happy to welcome dogs and have a lovely playground next door for children. Look right to see What’s On today, and the rest of the week and please feel free to drop in and see the venue for yourself.
- Eco Hub car park use by parents of Gamlingay Village Primary The management of Gamlingay Village Primary school have requested use of the Eco Hub car park for child drop off / collection. The Trustees of the Community Centre have debated this request at length and have decided that they are not prepared to allow the centre car park to be used for child drop off / ... Read more
Latest Facebook Posts
Chill Your Beans will be at Youth Cafe this Thursday to answer questions about these courses and sign up anyone interested, so if you are dropping..
Wanted – volunteer garden champion to help us to love our little garden a bit more! Is there anyone out there who would be prepared to help a..
Gamlingay Library will be closing slightly early at 6.45 tonight.
What’s On Today:
- Boxing Fitness Monday 9:00 - 10:00Hatton Academy boxing for fitness class, run by Lee Kemp. Mondays 9 -10 am, £7 per person Read more
- Library Monday 9.15 - 10.30 and 16.00 - 20.00See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Library – Toddlers’ story time and craft session Monday 09:15 – 10:00See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Zumba gold Monday 10:00 – 11:00A specialised low intensity exercise programme, designed for older adults, beginners to fitness, and anyone wanting a slower paced exercise class. For more information please see Lisa’s website Read more
- Kingfisher Day Centre Monday 10.00 - 15.00A social inclusion centre for people with disabilities. Kingfisher is a day centre for 21 – 75 year old physically disabled and/or cognitively impaired adults. For more information phone 07803 621564 or ... Read more
- Beginners’ Yoga Mondays 13.30 - 14.30 starting 4th MarchAn affordable yoga class for the over 50s and those returning to a more active lifestyle. This class is perfect for complete beginners or anyone looking to renew their practice. Learn ... Read more
- Slimming World Monday 18:30 – 20:15Friendly weight loss group run by Roz. See her facebook page for more information or go to the Slimming World website. Read more
- Fit Steps Dance Workout Monday 19:00 – 20:00Term time only. FitSteps is a fitness class, delivered through dance. So, the emphasis is on helping people towards fitness; structuring the classes to deliver real, measurable, fitness results. The programme ... Read more
- Library- Reading group First Monday of the month 19.30A small friendly reading group. All welcome. Find out more on our Facebook page. Read more
- Gamlingay & District History Society Second Monday of the month 19.30See the History Society website for more information. All welcome. Read more
- Body Conditioning Workout Class Monday 20:00 – 21:00Term time only. A great fun circuits class with timed stations using free weights, bodyweight and cardio exercises to strengthen and tone your muscles and improve fitness levels. Suitable for all ... Read more
- Police Surgery Tuesday 14th May 10.00 - 12.00Drop in to discuss any policing issues or concerns with our local PCSO. Read more
- Library Tuesday 9.15 - 12.15See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Library – Games morning Tuesday 10:00 – 12:00Scrabble, chess etc. All welcome. See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Indoor carpet bowls Tuesday 13:15 – 15:15A lovely friendly group run by volunteers and the Eco Hub for anyone who enjoys the skill of indoor Bowls. Come along and share hints and tips on how to ... Read more
- WW (formerly Weight Watchers) Tuesdays 17.30See the Weight Watchers website for more information. Read more
- Kettlercise Tuesday 30th April 18.15 - 19.00Non-impact workout class that works every muscle group to give you a complete body workout! For more information contact Kamni tel 07876500543, email email@example.com Read more
- Hatha Yoga Tuesday 18:45 – 19.45Caroline Oram has been practicing yoga for nearly 20 years and teaches Hatha yoga, pre and post natal, yin yoga, yoga flow, meditation, pranayama and pilates and one to one ... Read more
- Women’s Institute Third Tuesday of the month 19.30 - 22.00Meetings start at 7:30pm. Visitors are always welcome (cost for visitors £3.50, including tea & biscuits) Phone Jean on 650367 for more details. Read more
- Parish Council Second and fourth Tuesday of the month 19:30Gamlingay Parish Council meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month. The public are welcome to attend and speak in the public forum at the start of meetings. The ... Read more
- Pilates Wednesday 08:15 – 09:15Re-balancing the body. Promotes suppleness, core muscle strength and prevents back pain. Contact Vicky Anderson on 07810 826465, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Read more
- Fitness for Golf Wednesday 9.30 - 10.30Improve your core fitness, mobility, flexibilty and swing. Contact Craig Gant for more information. Tel 07739 533479 Read more
- Art Class Wednesday 10.00 - 12.00Run by local artist Mark Boyd. Contact Mark for more information – email email@example.com or phone 01767 650904. Read more
- Kingfisher Day Centre Wednesday 10.00 - 15.00A social inclusion centre for people with disabilities. Kingfisher is a day centre for 21 – 75 year old physically disabled and/or cognitively impaired adults. For more information phone 07803 621564 or ... Read more
- Library Wednesday 12.30 - 15.15See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Library – Free computer help Wednesday 13:00 – 15:00An informal and friendly class for beginners who are just starting out with computers. One to one help and plenty of support from everyone in the group. Read more
- New Age Kurling Wednesdays 14.00 - 15.00New Age Kurling is an adaptation of ice curling. Let’s Get Moving Cambridgeshire, funded by Cambridgeshire County Council is setting up a New Age Kurling session. Wednesdays 2-3pm . For more information email ... Read more
- Rainbow Guides Wednesday 17.30 - 18.30Term time only. See the Rainbow’s website for more information. Read more
- Gamlingay & District Garden Club First Wednesday of the month 19.30 - 21.00Meetings are held in the Kier Suite at the Eco Hub at 7.30pm. No meetings over the summer. Visitors are always welcome. Read more
- Gamlingay Community Choir First Wednesday of the month 20.00 - 21.30Gamlingay Community Choir meets in the Kingspan Hall on the first Wednesday in the month 8-9.30pm and the third Saturday in the month 10am-12noon. Cost is £2 per session. We are a ... Read more
- SOSA Dance Fitness Wednesdays 20.15 - 21.15SOSA Dance Fitness is high energy but has no high impact elements, ensuring no pressure on your joints. Dance around the globe and master a range of dance styles! Whatever your ... Read more
- Knit and natter Thursday 10:00 – 12:00Friendly craft group. Bring your own crafts and enjoy the company of other like minded people. Read more
- Home Ed Hub Club Thursday 10:30 – 12:30Term time only. Every other week on a Thursday (dates vary termly so please contact us for more info). £3.50 per child. Babies and toddlers free. A social, drop-in group for ... Read more
- Print Making Class Thursdays 14.00 - 15.30A 5 week art course to create a piece of community art for the Eco Hub. Please phone 01767 651226 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP Read more
- Library Thursday 16.00 - 19.00The library will be closing early, at 6.45pm, on 16th May. See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Youth café Thursday 17:30 – 19:00Term time only. Local children’s group School year4 and above. Contact Youth Worker Lucy Rands by emailing email@example.com for more information. Read more
- Alice Lucas School of Dance Thursdays 18.30 - 20.15Term time only. Fabulous Fun for Feet, Fingers and Faces. Classical ballet and fun jazz classes for children aged 3yrs+. Government recognised exams from the Royal Academy of Dance association exam ... Read more
- Pilates Friday 8.30 - 9.30Re-balancing the body. Promotes suppleness, core muscle strength and prevents back pain. Contact Vicky Anderson on 07810 826465, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Read more
- Legs Bums & Tums fitness class Fridays 9.30 - 10.15Get into shape with Steph. £5 Per class, Pay as you go. Refer a friend and you get a free class! Contact Steph to book; tel 07761 809 074, email email@example.com For more ... Read more
- Toddlers’ Movement & Music Fridays 10.00 - 11.00 from 11th January.Energetic, fun sessions suitable for under 5s, combining music, dance & storytelling to get little bodies moving! Just £2 per family, no need to book. Read more
- Library Friday 10.00 - 12.00See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Connect Cafe Friday 10.30 - 12.30Connect Cafe will be running as usual on Good Friday 19th April. Meet friends or make new ones! Come and join us for a cup of tea and cake at our Community ... Read more
- Kingfisher Day Centre Friday 10.30 - 15.00A social inclusion centre for people with disabilities. Kingfisher is a day centre for 21 – 75 year old physically disabled and/or cognitively impaired adults. For more information phone 07803 621564 or ... Read more
- Children’s Boxing Fitness Friday 16:30 - 17:30Boxing based fitness for 7 – 14 year olds, run by Lee Kemp Read more
- HIIT Friday 18:00 - 19.00Hi Intensity Interval Training with Joolz. A 4 week block of fun, sweat and tears! Low impact 6 – 6.30, high impact 6.30 -7. Great fat burner and muscle toner! The weekend ... Read more
- Library Saturday 9.30 - 12.30See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Gamlingay Community Choir Third Saturday in the month 10.00 - 12 noonGamlingay Community Choir meets in the Kingspan Hall on the first Wednesday in the month 8-9.30pm and the third Saturday in the month 10am-12noon. Cost is £2 per session. We are a ... Read more