The Eco Hub
Gamlingay Community Centre
The multi award winning Eco Hub opened in March 2012 and is now in its sixth very successful year. The latest phase, completed in January 2016, includes a self-contained corporate suite giving the Eco Hub even more flexibility to provide cost effective and inspiring space to hire.
Situated conveniently on the Cambridgeshire/Bedfordshire border this unique eco-friendly facility is acknowledged as being the most energy efficient community building in the country. It provides a variety of meeting spaces for community activities and local classes alongside the outstanding new corporate space.
Performance facilities and state of the art changing rooms also mean that this is the perfect venue for concerts, theatricals and sporting activities.
Gamlingay Parish Council is based at the Eco Hub and offers support to local residents during office hours. Also located within the building is the Gamlingay Community Library and CGTherapys Sports Injury Clinic.
The Eco Hub opens daily from 9am and members of the community are welcome to to use the free access community spaces to meet friends for a coffee and chat, read the newspapers or use the internet suite and free Wi-Fi.
Latest Facebook Posts
We are really excited about a new class setting up here, especially for people who have difficulty with their mobility due to age, illness or..
Jo Shirreffs will be running a Health Visitor drop in session today at the Eco Hub. 10am – 11am.
What’s On Today
- LibraryMonday 9.15 - 10.30 and 16.00 - 20.00See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Library – Toddlers’ story time and craft sessionMonday 09:15 – 10:00See our webpage for more details.Read more
- Zumba goldMonday 10:00 – 11:00A specialised low intensity exercise programme, designed for older adults, beginners to fitness, and anyone wanting a slower paced exercise class. For more information please see Lisa’s website Read more
- Slimming WorldMonday 18:30 – 20:15Friendly weight loss group. For more information go to the Slimming World website. Members can join our Facebook page (closed group) Read more
- Fit Steps Dance WorkoutMonday 19:00 – 20:00FitSteps is a fitness class, delivered through dance. So, the emphasis is on helping people towards fitness; structuring the classes to deliver real, measurable, fitness results. The programme is based ... Read more
- Library- Reading groupFirst Monday of the month 19.30The next book club will be on the second Monday of the month (14th May) A small friendly reading group. All welcome. Find out more on our Facebook page. Read more
- Gamlingay & District History SocietySecond Monday of the month 19.30The next meeting is on 11th of June at 7.30pm. See the History Society website for more information. All welcome. Read more
- Body Conditioning Workout ClassMonday 20:00 – 21:00A great fun circuits class with timed stations using free weights, bodyweight and cardio exercises to strengthen and tone your muscles and improve fitness levels. Suitable for all fitness abilities. Term ... Read more
- LibraryTuesday 9.15 - 12.15See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Library – Games morningTuesday 10:00 – 12:00Scrabble, chess etc. All welcome. See our webpage for more details.Read more
- Indoor carpet bowlsTuesday 13:15 – 15:15A lovely friendly group run by volunteers and the Eco Hub for anyone who enjoys the skill of indoor Bowls. Come along and share hints and tips on how to ... Read more
- Weight WatchersTuesdays from 9th January 17.30See the Weight Watchers website for more information. Read more
- Hatha YogaTuesday 19:30 – 20.30No yoga on 22nd May. On 29th May Caroline will be running a Yin yoga class – a passive floor based practice holding shapes for 3–5 minutes, getting a deeper stretch ... Read more
- Women’s InstituteThird Tuesday of the month 19.30 - 22.00Monthly meeting and talk. All the meetings start at 7:30pm & finish at 10:00pm. Visitors are always welcome so please come along!. Phone Jean on 650367 for more details. Read more
- Parish CouncilSecond and fourth Tuesday of the month 19:30Gamlingay Parish Council meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month. The public are welcome to attend and speak in the public forum at the start of meetings. The ... Read more
- PilatesWednesday 08:00 – 09:00Re-balancing the body. Promotes suppleness, core muscle strength and prevents back pain. Contact Vicky Anderson on 07810 826465, or email email@example.com for more information. Read more
- Head Heart Hand Art ClassWednesdays 10.00 - 12.00Join Gamlingay resident Mark Boyd for a term of fun, exciting art sessions, based at the Eco Hub on Wednesday mornings. Mark’s approach is to try to help think and ... Read more
- Disco DuckWednesdays 10:15Wednesdays at 10:15am Call or Text Hannah on 07891 728 785 for more info Read more
- LibraryWednesday 12.30 - 15.15See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Library – Free computer helpWednesday 13:00 – 15:00An informal and friendly class for beginners who are just starting out with computers. One to one help and plenty of support from everyone in the group. Read more
- Rainbow GuidesWednesday 17.30 - 18.30Term time only. See the Rainbow’s website for more information. Read more
- Core Strength YOGAWednesdays from 11th April, 18:30-19:30Focused on building strength and stability, each class sculpts the body and improves posture alignment leaving you energised and ready to go! For more information , see Jessica’s website. Contact Jessica ... Read more
- Gamlingay & District Garden ClubFirst Wednesday of the month 19.30 - 21.00The next meeting will be on Wednesday 2nd May. Our May speaker is Andrew Ward of Norwell Nurseries. He will be talking about “The Astounding Asteracae” The daisy family is one ... Read more
- SOSA Dance FitnessWednesdays 20.00 - 21.00SOSA Dance Fitness is high energy but has no high impact elements, ensuring no pressure on your joints. Dance around the globe as we master a range of dance styles! Whatever ... Read more
- Gamlingay Community ChoirFirst Wednesday of the month 20.00 - 21.30Gamlingay Community Choir meets in the Kingspan Hall on the first Wednesday in the month 8-9.30pm and the third Saturday in the month 10am-12noon. Cost is £2 per session. We are a ... Read more
- Knit and natterThursday 10:00 – 12:00Friendly craft group. Bring your own crafts and enjoy the company of other like minded people. Read more
- Home Ed Hub ClubThursday 10:30 – 12:30Term time only. Every other week on a Thursday (dates vary termly so please contact us for more info). £3.50 per child. Babies and toddlers free. A social, drop-in group for ... Read more
- Encore!Thursday 24th May 10:30Encore are delighted to welcome saxophonist Christian Forshaw to play music from across the centuries. Tickets available on the door. Adults £7, preschool children FREE, school age children £3 Refreshments (tea/coffee and home ... Read more
- LibraryThursday 16.00 - 19.00See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Youth caféThursday 17:30 – 19:00Local children’s group School year4 and above. Term time only. Contact Youth Worker Lucy Rands by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Read more
- Alice Lucas School of DanceThursdays 18.30 - 20.15Term time only. Fabulous Fun for Feet, Fingers and Faces. Classical ballet and fun jazz classes for children aged 3yrs+. Government recognised exams from the Royal Academy of Dance association exam ... Read more
- Legs Bums & Tums fitness classFridays 9.30 - 10.15Starting 6th April.£5 Per class, Pay as you go Refer a friend and you get a free class! Contact Steph to book; tel 07761 809 074, email email@example.com For more information, see the ... Read more
- LibraryFriday 10.00 - 12.00See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Health Visitor Drop InThird Friday of the month 10.00 - 11.00Jo Shirreffs will be running a Health Visitor drop in clinic on the third Friday of each month, term time only. 10am – 11am. Read more
- Stay & Play baby and toddler groupFriday 10.00 - 11.30Play together time for under 5s run by Claudia. Term time only. £2 per family for each session. Jo Shirreffs will be running a Health Visitor drop in on the ... Read more
- Connect CafeFriday 10.30 - 12.30Meet friends or make new ones! Come and join us for a cup of tea and cake at our Community cafe here at the Eco hub – everyone welcome, all ages. If ... Read more
- HIITFriday 18:00 - 19.00Hi Intensity Interval Training with Joolz. A 4 week block of fun, sweat and tears! Low impact 6 – 6.30, high impact 6.30 -7. Great fat burner and muscle toner! The weekend ... Read more
- LibrarySaturday 9.30 - 12.30See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Gamlingay Community ChoirThird Saturday in the month 10.00 - 12 noonGamlingay Community Choir meets in the Kingspan Hall on the first Wednesday in the month 8-9.30pm and the third Saturday in the month 10am-12noon. Cost is £2 per session. We are a ... Read more