The Eco Hub
Gamlingay Community Centre
The multi award winning Eco Hub opened in March 2012 and is now in its fifth very successful year. The latest phase, completed in January 2016, includes a self-contained corporate suite giving the Eco Hub even more flexibility to provide cost effective and inspiring space to hire.
Situated conveniently on the Cambridgeshire/Bedfordshire border this unique eco-friendly facility is acknowledged as being the most energy efficient community building in the country. It provides a variety of meeting spaces for community activities and local classes alongside the outstanding new corporate space.
Performance facilities and state of the art changing rooms also mean that this is the perfect venue for concerts, theatricals and sporting activities.
The Eco Hub opens daily from 9am and members of the community are welcome to to use the free access community spaces to meet friends for a coffee and chat, read the newspapers or use the internet suite and free Wi-Fi.
Latest Facebook Posts
We will do another reminder later in the week – but don’t forget that the Hub will be closed all day this Friday 28 July for cleaning of the..
Lost property – this nice little jacket has been with us for a while now, and has a purse inside the pocket. Please come and claim it or it will..
The summer holidays are here and generally things start to slow down a little at The Eco Hub so I just wanted to send a little reminder and let..
What’s On Today
- LibraryMonday 9.15 - 10.30 and 14.00 - 20.00See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Library – Toddlers’ story time and craft sessionMonday 09:15 – 10:00There will be no sessions on 24th July and 31st July. See our webpage for more details.Read more
- Multi Agency SurgeryFirst Monday of the month 9.00 - 10.00Drop in to the Hub if you have got a question for your County or District Councillor, the local Housing Officer, or the Police. April’s meeting is a little earlier than ... Read more
- Zumba goldMonday 10:00 – 11:00A specialised low intensity exercise programme, designed for older adults, beginners to fitness, and anyone wanting a slower paced exercise class. For more information please see Lisa’s website Read more
- Slimming WorldMonday 17:30 – 19:30Friendly weight loss group. For more information go to the Slimming World website. Members can join our Facebook page (closed group) Read more
- Fit Steps Dance WorkoutMonday 19:00 – 20:00FitSteps is a fitness class, delivered through dance. So, the emphasis is on helping people towards fitness; structuring the classes to deliver real, measurable, fitness results. The programme is based ... Read more
- Library- Reading groupFirst Monday of the month 19.30A small friendly reading group. We meet on the first Monday of each month in the library. All welcome. Find out more on our Facebook page. Read more
- Body Conditioning Workout ClassMonday 20:00 – 21:00A great fun circuits class with timed stations using free weights, bodyweight and cardio exercises to strengthen and tone your muscles and improve fitness levels. Suitable for all fitness abilities. For ... Read more
- Forward Gamlingay Art GroupTuesdays 9.30 - 11.30Would you or anyone you know like to be part of a friendly group of retirees and create a piece of art for the Eco Hub? Forward Gamlingay are getting together ... Read more
- LibraryTuesday 9.15 - 12.15See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Library – Games morningTuesday 10:00 – 12:00Scrabble, chess etc. All welcome. See our webpage for more details.Read more
- Indoor carpet bowlsTuesday 13:15 – 15:15A lovely friendly group run by volunteers and the Eco Hub for anyone who enjoys the skill of indoor Bowls. Come along and share hints and tips on how to ... Read more
- Gamlingay Players Drama WorkshopFirst Tuesday of the month, 19.00 - 20.00For children aged Year 5 and above. Come and learn and develop stage skills and stage craft through drama games, improvisation, role play, characterisation and voice production, working towards a production ... Read more
- Hatha YogaTuesday 19:30 – 20.30Caroline Oram has been practicing yoga for nearly 20 years and teaches Hatha yoga, pre and post natal, yin yoga, yoga flow, meditation, pranayama and pilates and one to one ... Read more
- Parish CouncilSecond and fourth Tuesday of the month 19:30Gamlingay Parish Council meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month. The public are welcome to attend and speak in the public forum at the start of meetings. The ... Read more
- PilatesWednesday 08:00 – 09:00Re-balancing the body. Promotes suppleness, core muscle strength and prevents back pain. Contact Vicky Anderson on 07810 826465, or email email@example.com for more information. Read more
- Head Heart Hand Art ClassWednesdays 10.00 - 12.00Join Gamlingay resident Mark Boyd for a term of fun, exciting art sessions, based at the Eco Hub on Wednesday mornings. Mark’s approach is to try to help think and ... Read more
- LibraryWednesday 12.30 - 15.15See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Library – Free computer helpWednesday 13:00 – 15:00An informal and friendly class for beginners who are just starting out with computers. One to one help and plenty of support from everyone in the group. Read more
- Impact Martial Arts AcademyChildren 18.00 - 19.00; Adults 19.00 - 20.00Martial Arts for all ages and abilities with grading. Friendly, professional training. Read more
- PurestretchWednesday 19.00 - 20.00No class on Wednesday 5th July. A fun 45 minute class that will improve your flexibility and really challenge your core strength. Please bring your own mat. Suitable for beginners and ... Read more
- Gamlingay Community ChoirFirst Wednesday of the month 20.00 - 21.30Gamlingay Community Choir meets in the Kingspan Hall on the first Wednesday in the month 8-9.30pm and the third Saturday in the month 10am-12noon. Cost is £2 per session. We are a ... Read more
- ZumbaWednesday 20:00 – 21:00Zumba is an easy to follow, Latin-inspired dance fitness programme. A Zumba class does not feel like a workout, it feels like a party. It is fun! It is easy! ... Read more
- Knit and natterThursday 10:00 – 12:00Friendly craft group. Bring your own crafts and enjoy the company of other like minded people. Read more
- Home Ed Hub ClubThursday 10:30 – 12:30Term time only. Every other week on a Thursday (dates vary termly so please contact us for more info). £3.50 per child. Babies and toddlers free. A social, drop-in group for ... Read more
- Home Ed MultisportsThursday 11.00 - 12.00Term time only. Fortnightly on a Thursday (dates vary termly so please contact us for more info). £3.75 per child or £3.50 if paid in advance termly. A drop in sports ... Read more
- LibraryThursday 16.00 - 19.00The library will be closing early, at 5pm, on 27th July. See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Youth caféThursday 17:30 – 19:00Local children’s group Yr6 and under. Term time only. Read more
- Stay & Play baby and toddler groupFriday 10.00 - 11.30Play together time for under 5s run by Claudia. Term time only. £2 per family for each session. Tea and coffee available. For more information visit our websiteRead more
- Connect CafeFridays 10.30 - 12.30Meet friends or make new ones! Come and join us for a cup of tea and cake at our Community cafe here at the Eco hub – everyone welcome, all ages. If ... Read more
- HIITFriday 18:30 – 19:15Hi Intensity Interval Training with Joolz. A 4 week block of fun, sweat and tears! Class at 6pm until 7pm. Great fat burner and muscle toner! The weekend starts here, so ... Read more
- LibrarySaturday 9.30 - 12.30See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Gamlingay Community ChoirThird Saturday in the month 10.00 - 12 noonGamlingay Community Choir meets in the Kingspan Hall on the first Wednesday in the month 8-9.30pm and the third Saturday in the month 10am-12noon. Cost is £2 per session. We are a ... Read more