The Eco Hub
Gamlingay Community Centre
The multi award winning Eco-Hub opened in March 2012 and is now in its 4th very successful year. The latest phase, completed in January 2016, includes a self-contained corporate suite giving the Eco Hub even more flexibility to provide cost effective and inspiring space to hire.
Situated conveniently on the Cambridgeshire-Bedfordshire border this unique GREEN facility is acknowledged as being the most energy efficient community building in the country. It provides a variety of meeting spaces for community activities, local classes alongside the outstanding new corporate space.
Performance facilities and state of the art changing rooms also mean that this is the perfect venue for concerts, theatricals and sporting activities.
Gamlingay Parish Council is also based at the Eco Hub and offers support to local residents during office hours.
The Eco Hub opens daily from 9am and members of the community are welcome to to use the free access community spaces to meet friends for a coffee and chat, read the newspapers or use the internet suite and free Wi-Fi.
- Latest News We have unearthed a lot of lost property at the Hub – Shelley got her clearing and tidying head on and we have quite a lot of stuff that we can’t believe people haven’t wondered where it is! Not just clothing, but jewellery, a pair of glasses and a car key – these are expensive ... Read more
Latest Facebook Posts
What’s On Today
- Library open Monday 9.15 - 10.30 and 14.00 - 20.00Library open. See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Library – Toddlers’ story time and craft session Monday 09:15 – 10:00Read more
- Zumba gold Monday 10:00 – 11:00Latin dance inspired workout. For more information please see our website Read more
- Slimming World Monday 17:30 – 19:30Friendly weight loss group. For more information go to the Slimming World website. Members can join our Facebook page (closed group) Read more
- Library- Reading group First Monday of the month 19.30A small friendly reading group. We meet on the first Monday of each month in the library. All welcome. Find out more on our Facebook page. Read more
- Library open Tuesday 9.15 - 12.15Library open. See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Library – Games morning Tuesday 10:00 – 12:00Board games – scrabble, backgammon etc. All welcome! Read more
- Indoor carpet bowls Tuesday 13:15 – 15:15NO BOWLS 30TH AUGUST A lovely friendly group run by volunteers and the Eco Hub for anyone who enjoys the skill of indoor Bowls. Come along and share hints and tips ... Read more
- Hatha Yoga Tuesday 19:30 – 20.30Caroline Oram has been practicing yoga for nearly 20 years and teaches Hatha yoga, pre and post natal, yin yoga, yoga flow, meditation, pranayama and pilates and one to one ... Read more
- Library open Wednesday 12.30 - 15.15Library open. See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Pilates Wednesday 08:00 – 09:00Re-balancing the body. Promotes suppleness, core muscle strength and prevents back pain. Read more
- Library – Free computer help Wednesday 13:00 – 15:00An informal and friendly class for beginners who are just starting out with computers. One to one help and plenty of support from everyone in the group. Read more
- Zumba Wednesday 20:00 – 21:00Follow us on Facebook Read more
- Gamlingay Community Choir First Wednesday of the month 20.00 - 21.30Gamlingay Community Choir meets in the Kingspan Hall on the first Wednesday in the month 8-9.30pm and the third Saturday in the month 10am-12noon. Cost is £2 per session. We are a ... Read more
- Library open Saturday 9.30 - 12.30Library open. See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Gamlingay Community Choir Third Saturday in the month 10.00 - 12 noonGamlingay Community Choir meets in the Kingspan Hall on the first Wednesday in the month 8-9.30pm and the third Saturday in the month 10am-12noon. Cost is £2 per session. We are a ... Read more