The Eco Hub is currently closed to the public.
Welcome to the Gamlingay Eco Hub
Coronavirus information : The Hub is currently closed to the public. The library has now reopened with limited services – see the library webpage for more information.
Stay safe and healthy everyone.
Our award winning Eco Hub is a successful community and business centre serving the village of Gamlingay and the surrounding area.
We love to host people and events and have a variety of spaces to hire that are ideal for parties, weddings, wakes, fitness classes, local community groups and local business, including an outstanding self-contained corporate suite perfect for business meetings, conferences and training days.
We are the most energy efficient community building in the country and run on ‘green technology’.
We are fully accessible to wheelchairs and mobility vehicles, and have our own car park.
We are surrounded by green fields, but also well placed between Bedford and Cambridge and handy for the A1 and London.
There is always a warm welcome here for our guests and the local residents who drop in to use the community spaces to meet for a coffee, use the library, visit the Parish Council office, enjoy our weekly Connect Café, or use the internet suite and free Wi-Fi. We are happy to welcome dogs and have a lovely playground next door for children. Please drop in, email or phone us for booking or information.
Where to find us
What’s On Today:
- Library Monday 14:00 - 16:00The library has now reopened, offering limited service only. See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Zumba gold – temporarily cancelled Monday 10:00 – 11:00Classes are temporarily cancelled. A specialised low intensity exercise programme, designed for older adults, beginners to fitness, and anyone wanting a slower paced exercise class. For more information please see Lisa’s website Read more
- Kingfisher Day Centre – temporarily cancelled Monday 10.00 - 15.00The Kingfisher Day Centre is temporarily closed. A social inclusion centre for people with disabilities. Kingfisher is a day centre for 21 – 75 year old physically disabled and/or cognitively impaired adults. For ... Read more
- Travel Clinic – temporarily cancelled Mondays 11.00 - 13.00Travel consultant Kirstie Timmins’ travel clinic is temporarily closed. Kirstie can personally tailor your travel experience, helping you make an informed holiday decision. For more information, phone Kirstie on 07815 814798, ... Read more
- Slimming World – temporarily cancelled Monday 18:30 – 20:15Sessions are temporarily cancelled. Friendly weight loss group. See the facebook page for more information or go to the Slimming World website. Read more
- Yoga with Lottie – temporarily cancelled Mondays 18.30 - 19.30Classes are temporarily cancelled. Increase your flexibility and fitness, and relax at yoga. Every Monday 6.30pm – 7.30pm Read more
- Fit Steps Dance Workout – temporarily cancelled Monday 19:00 – 20:00Classes are temporarily cancelled. Term time only. FitSteps is a fitness class, delivered through dance. So, the emphasis is on helping people towards fitness; structuring the classes to deliver real, measurable, fitness ... Read more
- Library- Reading group – meetings currently online First Monday of the month 19.30Our next meeting will be held online – see our Facebook page for more information. A small friendly reading group. All welcome. Read more
- Gamlingay & District History Society – meetings temporarily cancelled Second Monday of the month 19.30 - no meeting in April 2020Meetings are temporarily cancelled. See the History Society website for more information. Read more
- Body Conditioning Workout Class – temporarily cancelled Monday 20:00 – 21:00Classes are temporarily cancelled. Term time only. A great fun circuits class with timed stations using free weights, bodyweight and cardio exercises to strengthen and tone your muscles and improve fitness levels. ... Read more
- Library – Games morning – temporarily cancelled. Tuesday 10:00 – 12:00 - temporarily cancelledOur board games morning in temporarily cancelled. See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Forever Active Strength & Balance classes – temporarily cancelled Tuesdays 11.30 - 12.30 - temporarily cancelledClasses are temporarily cancelled. Keep active and independent by improving your strength and balance. The class is a mixture of seated and standing exercises which will help to improve your mobility, ... Read more
- Indoor carpet bowls – temporarily cancelled Tuesday 13:15 – 15:15Sessions are currently cancelled. A lovely friendly group run by volunteers and the Eco Hub for anyone who enjoys the skill of indoor Bowls. Come along and share hints and tips ... Read more
- Hatha Yoga – temporarily cancelled Tuesday 19.15 – 20.15Classes are temporarily cancelled. Caroline Oram has been practicing yoga for nearly 20 years and teaches Hatha yoga, pre and post natal, yin yoga, yoga flow, meditation, pranayama and pilates and ... Read more
- Women’s Institute – meetings temporarily cancelled Third Tuesday of the month 19.30 - 22.00 - April meeting cancelledMeetings are temporarily cancelled. Visitors are always welcome (cost for visitors £3.50, including tea & biscuits) Phone Jean on 650367 for more details. Read more
- WW (formerly Weight Watchers) – temporarily cancelled Tuesdays 17.30 - temporarily cancelledNo meetings until April 7th. Check for more information after this date. See the Weight Watchers website for more information. Read more
- Parish Council – public meetings temporarily cancelled Second and fourth Tuesday of the month 19:30Public Parish Council meetings are currently cancelled. The clerks can be contacted at the e-mail address below. Gamlingay Parish Council meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month. The ... Read more
- Pilates – temporarily cancelled Wednesday 08:15 – 09:15Classes are temporarily cancelled. Re-balancing the body. Promotes suppleness, core muscle strength and prevents back pain. Contact Vicky Anderson on 07810 826465, or email email@example.com for more information. Read more
- Fitness for Golf – temporarily cancelled Wednesday 9.30 - 10.30Classes are currently cancelled. Improve your core fitness, mobility, flexibilty and swing. Contact Craig Gant for more information. Tel 07739 533479 Read more
- Kingfisher Day Centre – temporarily cancelled. Wednesday 10.00 - 15.00The Kingfisher Day Centre is temporarily closed. A social inclusion centre for people with disabilities. Kingfisher is a day centre for 21 – 75 year old physically disabled and/or cognitively impaired adults. For ... Read more
- Community Art Group – temporarily cancelled Wednesdays 10.00 - 12.00Meetings are temporarily cancelled. Come along to a friendly relaxed art group, and meet like-minded people, share hints and tips, learn new skills, and enjoy a few hours of creativity. All ... Read more
- Library – Free computer help – temporarily cancelled Wednesday 13:00 – 15:00 - temporarily cancelledSessions are temporarily cancelled. An informal and friendly class for beginners who are just starting out with computers. One to one help and plenty of support from everyone in the group. Read more
- New Age Kurling – temporarily cancelled Wednesdays 14.00 - 15.00Sessions are currently cancelled. New Age Kurling is an adaptation of ice curling. Let’s Get Moving Cambridgeshire, funded by Cambridgeshire County Council is setting up a New Age Kurling session. Wednesdays 2-3pm ... Read more
- Job-seekers’ drop in workshop – temporarily cancelled Wednesdays fron 8th January 14.00 - 16.00 - temporarily cancelledLawrie says Sadly, I’ve had to cancel my Wednesday afternoon Job Seekers’ Drop In Workshops at the Eco Hub for the foreseeable future. I’ll look forward to seeing you again when the ... Read more
- Rainbow Guides – temporarily cancelled Wednesday 17.30 - 18.30 - temporarily cancelledTerm time only. See the Rainbow’s website for more information. Read more
- Gamlingay & District Garden Club – temporarily cancelled First Wednesday of the month 19.30 - 21.00 - no meeting April 2020There will be no meetings over the summer. Check nearer the time for information on September’s meeting. Meetings are held in the Kier Suite at the Eco Hub at 7.30pm. Visitors £3 ... Read more
- Fire & Ice Fitness Class – temporarily cancelled Wednesdays 19.45 - 20.45Classes are temporarily cancelled. Fire is a 30 min high intensity HiiT class, great for fat burning and muscle strengthening. Ice is a 30 min stretch and balance class, great for increasing ... Read more
- Gamlingay Community Choir – temporarily cancelled First Wednesday of the month 20.00 - 21.30Meetings are temporarily cancelled. Gamlingay Community Choir meets in the Kingspan Hall on the first Wednesday in the month 8-9.30pm and the third Saturday in the month 10am-12noon. Cost is £2 per ... Read more
- Library Thursday 10:00 - 12:00The library has now reopened, offering limited service only. See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Knit and natter – temporarily cancelled Thursday 10:00 – 12:00Sessions are temporarily cancelled. Friendly craft group. Bring your own crafts and enjoy the company of other like minded people. Read more
- Home Ed Hub Club – temporarily cancelled Thursday 10:30 – 12:30 - temporarily cancelledMeetings are temporarily cancelled. Term time only. Every other week on a Thursday (dates vary termly so please contact us for more info). £3.50 per child. Babies and toddlers free. A social, ... Read more
- Youth café – temporarily cancelled Thursday 17:30 – 19:00 - temporarily cancelledTemporarily cancelled. Check in a few weeks time for more information. Term time only. Local children’s group School year4 and above. Contact Youth Worker Lucy Rands by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Read more
- Alice Lucas School of Dance – temporarily cancelled Thursdays 18.30 - 20.15Classes are temporarily cancelled. Term time only. Fabulous Fun for Feet, Fingers and Faces. Classical ballet and fun jazz classes for children aged 3yrs+. Government recognised exams from the Royal Academy of ... Read more
- Pilates – temporarily cancelled Friday 8.30 - 9.30Classes are temporarily cancelled. Re-balancing the body. Promotes suppleness, core muscle strength and prevents back pain. Contact Vicky Anderson on 07810 826465, or email email@example.com for more information. Read more
- Toddlers’ Movement & Music – temporarily cancelled Fridays 10.30 - 11.30Sessions are temporarily cancelled. Energetic, fun sessions suitable for under 5s, combining music, dance & storytelling to get little bodies moving! Just £2 per family, no need to book. Read more
- Connect Cafe – temporarily cancelled Friday 10.30 - 12.30 - temporarily cancelledThe Connect Cafe is currently cancelled. Check in a few weeks time for more information. Meet friends or make new ones! Come and join us for a cup of tea and cake ... Read more
- Kingfisher Day Centre – temporarily cancelled Friday 10.30 - 15.00The Kingfisher Day Centre is temporarily closed. A social inclusion centre for people with disabilities. Kingfisher is a day centre for 21 – 75 year old physically disabled and/or cognitively impaired adults. For ... Read more
- HIIT – temporarily cancelled Friday 18:00 - 19.00Classes are temporarily cancelled. Hi Intensity Interval Training with Joolz. A 4 week block of fun, sweat and tears! Low impact 6 – 6.30, high impact 6.30 -7. Great fat burner and muscle ... Read more
- Library – temporarily closed Saturday 10:00 - 12:00The library has now reopened, offering limited service only. See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Gamlingay Community Choir – temporarily cancelled Third Saturday in the month 10.00 - 12 noonMeetings are temporarily cancelled. Gamlingay Community Choir meets in the Kingspan Hall on the first Wednesday in the month 8-9.30pm and the third Saturday in the month 10am-12noon. Cost is £2 per ... Read more