Welcome to the Gamlingay Eco Hub
Our award winning Eco Hub is a successful community and business centre serving the village of Gamlingay and the surrounding areas.
We love to host people and events and have a variety of spaces to hire suitable for everything from parties, weddings, fitness classes, local community groups and local business, including an outstanding self-contained corporate suite perfect for business meetings, conferences and training days.
Performance facilities and state of the art changing rooms also mean that the Hub is a great venue for concerts, theatricals and sporting activities, and we are fully accessible to wheelchairs and mobility vehicles.
Gamlingay Parish Council is based at the Eco Hub and offers support to local residents during office hours. Also located within the building is the Gamlingay Community Library and CGTherapys Sports Injury Clinic.
We are surrounded by green fields, but also well placed between Bedford and Cambridge and handy for the A1 and trains from London. We are also the most energy efficient community building in the country and run on ‘green technology’
There is always a warm welcome here for our guests and the local residents who drop in to use the free access community spaces to meet friends for a coffee and chat, enjoy our weekly Connect Café, or use the internet suite and free Wi-Fi. We are happy to welcome dogs and have a lovely playground next door for children. Look right to see What’s On today, and the rest of the week and please feel free to drop in and see the venue for yourself.
Latest Facebook Posts
Come along to Gamlingay Library at the Hub today to sign up for this year’s Summer Reading Challenge – see https://summerreadingchallenge.org.uk/..
Following the success of last year’s art project ‘Life on Church Street’ in clay that proudly hangs on the Hub wall, Forward Gamlingay has funding..
What’s On Today
- Library Monday 9.15 - 10.30 and 16.00 - 20.00See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Library – Toddlers’ story time and craft session Monday 09:15 – 10:00There will be no toddlers’ story time & craft session on 30th July & 6th August. See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Zumba gold Monday 10:00 – 11:00ZUMBA GOLD CANCELLED – restarts on Monday 13th September. A specialised low intensity exercise programme, designed for older adults, beginners to fitness, and anyone wanting a slower paced exercise class. For more ... Read more
- Slimming World Monday 18:30 – 20:15Friendly weight loss group. For more information go to the Slimming World website. Members can join our Facebook page (closed group) Read more
- Fit Steps Dance Workout Monday 19:00 – 20:00Term time only. FitSteps is a fitness class, delivered through dance. So, the emphasis is on helping people towards fitness; structuring the classes to deliver real, measurable, fitness results. The programme ... Read more
- Library- Reading group First Monday of the month 19.30A small friendly reading group. All welcome. Find out more on our Facebook page. Read more
- Gamlingay & District History Society Second Monday of the month 19.30 (not over the summer)The next meeting is on 10th September at 7.30pm. The subject of the talk will be the Cardington Airships. See the History Society website for more information. All welcome. Read more
- Body Conditioning Workout Class Monday 20:00 – 21:00Term time only. A great fun circuits class with timed stations using free weights, bodyweight and cardio exercises to strengthen and tone your muscles and improve fitness levels. Suitable for all ... Read more
- Library Tuesday 9.15 - 12.15See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Library – Games morning Tuesday 10:00 – 12:00Scrabble, chess etc. All welcome. See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Indoor carpet bowls Tuesday 13:15 – 15:15A lovely friendly group run by volunteers and the Eco Hub for anyone who enjoys the skill of indoor Bowls. Come along and share hints and tips on how to ... Read more
- Weight Watchers Tuesdays 17.30See the Weight Watchers website for more information. Read more
- Hatha Yoga Tuesday 19:30 – 20.30Caroline Oram has been practicing yoga for nearly 20 years and teaches Hatha yoga, pre and post natal, yin yoga, yoga flow, meditation, pranayama and pilates and one to one ... Read more
- Women’s Institute Third Tuesday of the month 19.30 - 22.00Monthly meeting and talk. All the meetings start at 7:30pm & finish at 10:00pm. Visitors are always welcome so please come along!. Phone Jean on 650367 for more details. Read more
- Parish Council Second and fourth Tuesday of the month 19:30Gamlingay Parish Council meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month. The public are welcome to attend and speak in the public forum at the start of meetings. The ... Read more
- Pilates Wednesday 08:00 – 09:00Re-balancing the body. Promotes suppleness, core muscle strength and prevents back pain. Contact Vicky Anderson on 07810 826465, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Read more
- Disco Duck Wednesday 25th July & 8th August 10:15Funky dance classes specifically for pre-school children to encourage movement, learning confidence and fun. Summer holiday sessions on 25th July and 8th August. Call or text Hannah on 07891 728 785 for ... Read more
- Library Wednesday 12.30 - 15.15See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Library – Free computer help Wednesday 13:00 – 15:00An informal and friendly class for beginners who are just starting out with computers. One to one help and plenty of support from everyone in the group. Read more
- Rainbow Guides Wednesday 17.30 - 18.30Term time only. See the Rainbow’s website for more information. Read more
- Gamlingay & District Garden Club First Wednesday of the month 19.30 - 21.00 (not June, July & August)The next meeting will be on Wednesday 5th September The meetings are held in the Kier Suite at the Eco Hub on the first Wednesday of the month at 7.30pm. No ... Read more
- SOSA Dance Fitness Wednesdays 20.15 - 21.15SOSA starts this week only at 8.15pm. SOSA Dance Fitness is high energy but has no high impact elements, ensuring no pressure on your joints. Dance around the globe and master a ... Read more
- Gamlingay Community Choir First Wednesday of the month 20.00 - 21.30Gamlingay Community Choir meets in the Kingspan Hall on the first Wednesday in the month 8-9.30pm and the third Saturday in the month 10am-12noon. Cost is £2 per session. We are a ... Read more
- Knit and natter Thursday 10:00 – 12:00Friendly craft group. Bring your own crafts and enjoy the company of other like minded people. Read more
- Home Ed Hub Club Thursday 10:30 – 12:30Term time only. Every other week on a Thursday (dates vary termly so please contact us for more info). £3.50 per child. Babies and toddlers free. A social, drop-in group for ... Read more
- Library Thursday 16.00 - 19.00The library will be closing early at 5pm on Thursday 26th July & Thursday 2nd August. See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Youth café Thursday 17:30 – 19:00Term time only. Local children’s group School year4 and above. Contact Youth Worker Lucy Rands by emailing email@example.com for more information. Read more
- Alice Lucas School of Dance Thursdays 18.30 - 20.15Term time only. Fabulous Fun for Feet, Fingers and Faces. Classical ballet and fun jazz classes for children aged 3yrs+. Government recognised exams from the Royal Academy of Dance association exam ... Read more
- Pilates for Ageing Well Friday 9.30 - 10.30A pilates class especially for people who have difficulty with their mobility due to age, illness or injury. The exercises can be carried out seated if necessary. A series of ... Read more
- Legs Bums & Tums fitness class Fridays 9.30 - 10.15£5 Per class, Pay as you go. Refer a friend and you get a free class! Contact Steph to book; tel 07761 809 074, email firstname.lastname@example.org For more information, see the facebook page Read more
- Library Friday 10.00 - 12.00See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Health Visitor Drop In Third Friday of the month 10.00 - 11.00Jo Shirreffs will be running a Health Visitor drop in clinic on the third Friday of each month, term time only. 10am – 11am. Read more
- Stay & Play baby and toddler group Friday 10.00 - 11.30Stay & Play will be running over the summer holidays. Play together time for under 5s run by Claudia. £2 per family for each session. Jo Shirreffs will be running a ... Read more
- Connect Cafe Friday 10.30 - 12.30Meet friends or make new ones! Come and join us for a cup of tea and cake at our Community cafe here at the Eco hub – everyone welcome, all ages. If ... Read more
- Library Saturday 9.30 - 12.30See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Gamlingay Community Choir Third Saturday in the month 10.00 - 12 noonGamlingay Community Choir meets in the Kingspan Hall on the first Wednesday in the month 8-9.30pm and the third Saturday in the month 10am-12noon. Cost is £2 per session. We are a ... Read more