The Eco Hub
Gamlingay Community Centre
The multi award winning Eco Hub opened in March 2012 and is now in its fifth very successful year. The latest phase, completed in January 2016, includes a self-contained corporate suite giving the Eco Hub even more flexibility to provide cost effective and inspiring space to hire.
Situated conveniently on the Cambridgeshire/Bedfordshire border this unique eco-friendly facility is acknowledged as being the most energy efficient community building in the country. It provides a variety of meeting spaces for community activities and local classes alongside the outstanding new corporate space.
Performance facilities and state of the art changing rooms also mean that this is the perfect venue for concerts, theatricals and sporting activities.
The Eco Hub opens daily from 9am and members of the community are welcome to to use the free access community spaces to meet friends for a coffee and chat, read the newspapers or use the internet suite and free Wi-Fi.
Latest Facebook Posts
Just to let you know – there will be no toddler story time at the Gamlingay library next Monday, 21st August, and the library will be shutting..
Connect Cafe open this morning from 10.30. Fresh doughnuts, butterfly cakes and a nice looking lemon drizzle…All welcome!
Don’t forget that our Connect Cafe is open again tomorrow from 10.30! Come along and enjoy a chat, a cup of tea and a piece of cake.
What’s On Today
- LibraryMonday 9.15 - 10.30 and 14.00 - 20.00See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Library – Toddlers’ story time and craft sessionMonday 09:15 – 10:00There will be no toddlers’ story time on 21st August. See our webpage for more details.Read more
- Multi Agency SurgeryFirst Monday of the month 9.00 - 10.00Drop in to the Hub if you have got a question for your County or District Councillor, the local Housing Officer, or the Police. April’s meeting is a little earlier than ... Read more
- Zumba goldMonday 10:00 – 11:00There will be no Zumba Gold on 7th, 21st or 28th August. A specialised low intensity exercise programme, designed for older adults, beginners to fitness, and anyone wanting a slower paced ... Read more
- Slimming WorldMonday 17:30 – 19:30Friendly weight loss group. For more information go to the Slimming World website. Members can join our Facebook page (closed group) Read more
- Library- Reading groupFirst Monday of the month 19.30A small friendly reading group. We meet on the first Monday of each month in the library. All welcome. Find out more on our Facebook page. Read more
- LibraryTuesday 9.15 - 12.15See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Library – Games morningTuesday 10:00 – 12:00Scrabble, chess etc. All welcome. See our webpage for more details.Read more
- Indoor carpet bowlsTuesday 13:15 – 15:15A lovely friendly group run by volunteers and the Eco Hub for anyone who enjoys the skill of indoor Bowls. Come along and share hints and tips on how to ... Read more
- Gamlingay Players Drama WorkshopFirst Tuesday of the month, 19.00 - 20.00For children aged Year 5 and above. Come and learn and develop stage skills and stage craft through drama games, improvisation, role play, characterisation and voice production, working towards a production ... Read more
- Hatha YogaTuesday 19:30 – 20.30Caroline Oram has been practicing yoga for nearly 20 years and teaches Hatha yoga, pre and post natal, yin yoga, yoga flow, meditation, pranayama and pilates and one to one ... Read more
- Parish CouncilSecond and fourth Tuesday of the month 19:30Gamlingay Parish Council meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month. The public are welcome to attend and speak in the public forum at the start of meetings. The ... Read more
- PilatesWednesday 08:00 – 09:00Re-balancing the body. Promotes suppleness, core muscle strength and prevents back pain. Contact Vicky Anderson on 07810 826465, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Read more
- Head Heart Hand Art ClassWednesdays from 20th September 10.00 - 12.00Classes have now finished for the summer, and restart on 20th September. Join Gamlingay resident Mark Boyd for a term of fun, exciting art sessions, based at the Eco Hub on ... Read more
- LibraryWednesday 12.30 - 15.15See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Library – Free computer helpWednesday 13:00 – 15:00An informal and friendly class for beginners who are just starting out with computers. One to one help and plenty of support from everyone in the group. Read more
- Impact Martial Arts AcademyAdults 19.00 - 20.00Martial Arts for all ages and abilities with grading. Friendly, professional training. See the Facebook page for more details. Over the summer classes will be running from 7 – 8pm only. ... Read more
- PurestretchWednesday 19.00 - 20.00A fun 45 minute class that will improve your flexibility and really challenge your core strength. Please bring your own mat. Suitable for beginners and all levels. For more information ... Read more
- Gamlingay Community ChoirFirst Wednesday of the month 20.00 - 21.30Gamlingay Community Choir meets in the Kingspan Hall on the first Wednesday in the month 8-9.30pm and the third Saturday in the month 10am-12noon. Cost is £2 per session. We are a ... Read more
- ZumbaWednesday 20:00 – 21:00Zumba is an easy to follow, Latin-inspired dance fitness programme. A Zumba class does not feel like a workout, it feels like a party. It is fun! It is easy! ... Read more
- LibrarySaturday 9.30 - 12.30See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Gamlingay Community ChoirThird Saturday in the month 10.00 - 12 noonGamlingay Community Choir meets in the Kingspan Hall on the first Wednesday in the month 8-9.30pm and the third Saturday in the month 10am-12noon. Cost is £2 per session. We are a ... Read more