The Eco Hub
Gamlingay Community Centre
The multi award winning Eco Hub opened in March 2012 and is now in its fifth very successful year. The latest phase, completed in January 2016, includes a self-contained corporate suite giving the Eco Hub even more flexibility to provide cost effective and inspiring space to hire.
Situated conveniently on the Cambridgeshire/Bedfordshire border this unique eco-friendly facility is acknowledged as being the most energy efficient community building in the country. It provides a variety of meeting spaces for community activities and local classes alongside the outstanding new corporate space.
Performance facilities and state of the art changing rooms also mean that this is the perfect venue for concerts, theatricals and sporting activities.
The Eco Hub opens daily from 9am and members of the community are welcome to to use the free access community spaces to meet friends for a coffee and chat, read the newspapers or use the internet suite and free Wi-Fi.
- Show us your knickers! Help say Pants to Poverty. We are currently collecting underwear for the charity “Smalls for All”. Smalls is pleased to accept donations of brand new pants for women (size 8-16) and children (age 3-15), and new or gently worn bras of all sizes. The collection box is at the front desk. Smalls for All was founded in 2010 by Maria Macnamara ... Read more
Latest Facebook Posts
Lovely art class this morning with the Art Barn and Forward Gamlingay. There is room for one or two more next week! Tuesdays at 9.30 am for the..
Dont forget everyone, we have the Annual Parish Meeting here at the Hub tomorrow evening. It’s not a normal Parish Council meeting, but a chance..
Also circuits, for the hardcore amongst you!
What’s On Today
- Library Monday 9.15 - 10.30 and 14.00 - 20.00See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Library – Toddlers’ story time and craft session Monday 09:15 – 10:00See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Multi Agency Surgery First Monday of the month 9.00 - 10.00Drop in to the Hub if you have got a question for your County or District Councillor, the local Housing Officer, or the Police. April’s meeting is a little earlier than ... Read more
- Zumba gold Monday 10:00 – 11:00A specialised low intensity exercise programme, designed for older adults, beginners to fitness, and anyone wanting a slower paced exercise class. For more information please see Lisa’s website Read more
- Hot Steps Dance Academy Monday 15:45 – 19:15Children’s dance classes. Term time only. For more information please go to the Hot Steps website Read more
- Slimming World Monday 17:30 – 19:30Friendly weight loss group. For more information go to the Slimming World website. Members can join our Facebook page (closed group) Read more
- Fit Steps Dance Workout Monday 19:00 – 20:00FitSteps is a fitness class, delivered through dance. So, the emphasis is on helping people towards fitness; structuring the classes to deliver real, measurable, fitness results. The programme is based ... Read more
- Library- Reading group First Monday of the month 19.30A small friendly reading group. We meet on the first Monday of each month in the library. All welcome. Find out more on our Facebook page. Read more
- Body Conditioning Workout Class Monday 20:00 – 21:00A great fun circuits class with timed stations using free weights, bodyweight and cardio exercises to strengthen and tone your muscles and improve fitness levels. Suitable for all fitness abilities. For ... Read more
- Forward Gamlingay Art Group Tuesdays 9.30 - 11.30Would you or anyone you know like to be part of a friendly group of retirees and create a piece of art for the Eco Hub? Forward Gamlingay are getting together ... Read more
- Library Tuesday 9.15 - 12.15See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Library – Games morning Tuesday 10:00 – 12:00Scrabble, chess etc. All welcome. See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Indoor carpet bowls Tuesday 13:15 – 15:15A lovely friendly group run by volunteers and the Eco Hub for anyone who enjoys the skill of indoor Bowls. Come along and share hints and tips on how to ... Read more
- Gamlingay Players Drama Workshop First Tuesday of the month, 19.00 - 20.00For children aged Year 5 and above. Come and learn and develop stage skills and stage craft through drama games, improvisation, role play, characterisation and voice production, working towards a production ... Read more
- Hatha Yoga Tuesday 19:30 – 20.30Caroline Oram has been practicing yoga for nearly 20 years and teaches Hatha yoga, pre and post natal, yin yoga, yoga flow, meditation, pranayama and pilates and one to one ... Read more
- Parish Council Second and fourth Tuesday of the month 19:30Gamlingay Parish Council meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month. The public are welcome to attend and speak in the public forum at the start of meetings. The ... Read more
- Pilates Wednesday 08:00 – 09:00Re-balancing the body. Promotes suppleness, core muscle strength and prevents back pain. Contact Vicky Anderson on 07810 826465, or email email@example.com for more information. Read more
- Head Heart Hand Art Class Wednesdays 10.00 - 12.00Join Gamlingay resident Mark Boyd for a term of fun, exciting art sessions, based at the Eco Hub on Wednesday mornings. Mark’s approach is to try to help think and ... Read more
- Library Wednesday 12.30 - 15.15See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Library – Free computer help Wednesday 13:00 – 15:00An informal and friendly class for beginners who are just starting out with computers. One to one help and plenty of support from everyone in the group. Read more
- Impact Martial Arts Academy Children 18.00 - 19.00; Adults 19.00 - 20.00 ; Advanced 20.00 - 20.30Martial Arts for all ages and abilities with grading. Friendly, professional training. Read more
- Purestretch Wednesday 19.00 - 20.00A fun 45 minute class that will improve your flexibility and really challenge your core strength. Please bring your own mat. Suitable for beginners and all levels. For more information ... Read more
- Gamlingay Community Choir First Wednesday of the month 20.00 - 21.30Gamlingay Community Choir meets in the Kingspan Hall on the first Wednesday in the month 8-9.30pm and the third Saturday in the month 10am-12noon. Cost is £2 per session. We are a ... Read more
- Gamlingay & District Garden Club First Wednesday of the month 19.30 - 21.00Gamlingay & District Garden Club have a guest speaker every month. Next month, Zsuzsa Seres will be speaking on the subject of Herbs The meeting will be in the Kier Suite at ... Read more
- Zumba Wednesday 20:00 – 21:00Zumba is an easy to follow, Latin-inspired dance fitness programme. A Zumba class does not feel like a workout, it feels like a party. It is fun! It is easy! ... Read more
- Knit and natter Thursday 10:00 – 12:00Friendly craft group that meets in the reception area of the hub. Bring your own crafts and enjoy the company of other like minded people. Read more
- Home Ed Hub Club Thursday 10:30 – 12:30Term time only. Every other week on a Thursday (dates vary termly so please contact us for more info). £3.50 per child. Babies and toddlers free. A social, drop-in group for ... Read more
- Home Ed Multisports Thursday 11.00 - 12.00Term time only. Fortnightly on a Thursday (dates vary termly so please contact us for more info). £3.75 per child or £3.50 if paid in advance termly. A drop in sports ... Read more
- Library Thursday 16.00 - 19.00See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Youth café Thursday 17:30 – 19:00Local children’s group Yr6 and under. Read more
- Stay & Play baby and toddler group Friday 10.00 - 11.30Play together time for under 5s run by Claudia. Term time only. £2 per family for each session. Tea and coffee available. For more information visit our website Read more
- Blood donation Friday 28th April and Friday 26th May from 13.00To make an appointment to give blood visit the Blood Donation website or phone 0300 123 23 23 Read more
- HIIT Friday 18:30 – 19:15Hi Intensity Interval Training with Joolz. A 4 week block of fun, sweat and tears! Class starts at 6.30pm until 7.15pm. Great fat burner and muscle toner! The weekend starts here, ... Read more
- Library Saturday 9.30 - 12.30See our webpage for more details. Read more
- Gamlingay Community Choir Third Saturday in the month 10.00 - 12 noonGamlingay Community Choir meets in the Kingspan Hall on the first Wednesday in the month 8-9.30pm and the third Saturday in the month 10am-12noon. Cost is £2 per session. We are a ... Read more